Chulu West Peak Climbing
Chulu West Peak Climbing
The Annapurna region is one of the top destinations for trekking in theworld andit offers grand views of the three highest mountain ranges; Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manasalu peaks at over 8000 meters elevation as well as ranges of snow capped trekking peaks over 6000m. The trail follows the Marshyangdi valley all the way to its source, the glacial lake in Manang, through the rural farm villages and terraced farm fields. The expedition takes you through many varying climates and terrain. It changes from the sub-tropic climate to the arctic landscape and the trek goes through beautiful rain forest ascending right up to the alpine timbers.
After the Manang village we head for Leader which is a lower part of Chulu mountain range. There are three different Chulu peaks; Chulu West is the higher peak among them. It was first ascended in 1952 by a Japanese Expedition team. The Base Camp of this peak is situated in a small narrow valley in the northern part of Leader. There are several other peaks close by which are also a part of Chulu massif therefore it can be difficult to differentiate between the two east and west Chulus. The region comprises of four peaks: two in the east and two in the west. There is no technical difficulty in ascending these peaks but progress can be slow as the slopes are vulnerable to avalanches in certain conditions. After completing the great expedition we will be heading up to cross the Throng La and we will experience scenic deserts and the famous pilgrimage site of Muktinath temple. Further downhill walk along the holy river bank and enjoy the village of Jomsom which is the capital of the Mustang district.
Throughout this trek we have the opportunity to interact with a wide range of cultures. Most of the tribal inhabitants are Gurungs, Magars and Thakalis. The higher region is mainly inhabited with Tibetan people and Buddhism is followed and in the lower regionsare predominantly Hindus with some other mixed cultures. Themountains and attractive glacial lakes with the high Throng La pass (5,416m/17765 ft) makes this area a unique place to visit. Not only will you experience greatculture and spectacular mountains but you will be exposed to a vast array of Himalayan wildlife including the rare species of Snow Leopard, Blue Sheep and Golden Eagle.Another attraction along the trek is the sight of the domestic Yak throughout the trip.
Cost Include / Cost Exclude
- Airport pick up and drop off
- 3 nights twin share accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu
- 1 night twin share accommodation in hotel in Pokhara.
- All local transportation by suitable vehicle (car, van, bus) in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Complementary welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Rock climbing course or Kathmandu sightseeing with guide, vehicle & entry fees
- Kathmandu to Besishahar by local bus or private vehicle (dependent on group size
- Jomsom to Pokhara one way flight ticket
- Pokhara to Kathmandu by regular tourist bus
- Meals on the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) Accommodation on teahouse/tent during the trek as per itinerary
- Climbing leader (English speaking, First Aid and ecotourism trained), camping chef, one assistant trek guide (for each two members) and Sherpa porters
- Annapurna conservation entry fee and TIMS permit
- Climbing peak permit/s & other necessary fees
- Safe drinking water
- Whitewater Adventures Nepal T-shirt and duffel bag for trek
- Comprehensive WWAN medical kit bag
- Emergency Gamow bag
- Necessary group climbing gear & equipments
- Down jacket & sleeping bag for trip only
- All government and local taxes
- International flight ticket re-confirmation
- Satellite phone
- Visa fees, international airfare & all departure taxes
- Garbage deposit USD 250.00 (shared between the group) and deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing equipment (can be hired in Kathmandu)
- Excess baggage charges
- Mask and regulator
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
- Tips for driver, guides and porters
- Any extending trips.
Some other related Itineraries
Island (Imja Tse) peak, is 6000 meters in elevation and is a peak climbing mountain in the Himalayas of eastern Nepal. This famous climbing peak in the upper Khumbu region was named Island peak in 1951 by the group of Eric Shipton and named after when the…Trip duration:24 days grade:Challenging read more
This expedition will see us climbing in the Khumbu / Everest Region of Nepal. Our objectives are LOBUJE EAST (6119MTS), POKALDE (5806MTS) and ISLAND PEAK / IMJA TSE (6189MTS). These outstanding mountains will offer challenging, but attainable peak climbing…Trip duration:29 days grade:Adventurous to Challenging read more
The Mera Peak climbing expedition (6,476m/ 22,242ft) in Nepal is an exciting, scenically stunning trip and this mountain is becoming more popular among trekkers. It is the highest trekking peak in Nepal located in the eastern part of Everest Khumbu valley.…Trip duration:20 days grade:Strenuous & Difficult read more
Naya Kanga (Ganja-la Chuli) climb with the Langtang valley trek is one of the best treks and is an expedition where you will experience the majestic mountains as well as be introduced to the Tamang tribe lifestyle. This 18 day climbingtrip takes the…Trip duration:18 days grade:Alpine Grade read more